Utah’s Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands has received a Notice of Funding Opportunity to participate in the Community Wildfire Defense Grant (CWDG), which is a 5-year program funded through the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL) and administered by the USDA Forest Service in partnership with state forestry agencies. $5 billion has been allocated over 5 years to help communities at risk of wildfires fund projects that support the three goals in the National Cohesive Strategy:
- Restoring and maintaining landscapes
- Creating fire-adapted communities
- Improving wildfire response
Utah is now accepting applications for projects that fit into two categories; 1) Develop or revise a Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP) or 2) Implement a project identified within a CWPP. Any entity can apply, including state agencies, counties, municipalities, NGO’s, Tribes and HOA’s.
Utah’s 2022 deadline for application submission is October 5, 2022.
If you are interested in applying or are requesting more information, please fill out this form and a representative from FFSL will get back to you.
Links to helpful resources:
- CWDG Utah Fact Sheet
- USDA CWDG Webpage
- FY2022 Notice for Funding Opportunity
- Council of Western State Foresters CWDG Webpage
- CWDG Primer: Preparing to Apply for Community Wildfire Defense Grants
- Fillable PDF Application Development Tool
- CWDG Risk Dataset Methods
- CWDG Applicant Webinar
Point of Contact for Utah: Julie Murphy, Wildfire Risk Reduction Coordinator, at email@example.com or 385-228-6439